Saturday, December 21, 2013

Two Step Florals

Can you believe it's the last Saturday before Christmas?  I honestly cannot.  It seems like this year has just flown by.  

I've been absolutely obsessed with the new two or three stamp floral stamps.  I love the dimension and depth it adds to them but really they're just so darn pretty.  I've been wanting to try the same technique with my Paper Smooches floral sets, to see how it would work with a touch of whimsy. 
I simply stamped the bottom layer of the flower and then stamped on top of them with a smalller flower image.  To be super specific, I stamped the smaller flower twice since I chose the 3 petal flowers and I wanted a 6 petal inside.  Then, I did the same thing with the leaves and added berry accents.  One that was done, I went in and heat embossed the inside of the flowers with dots and clear embossing powder.

To give it a bit of a rustic touch, I stamped a woodgrain pattern over it when I was all done in a light color.  I love this effect. :)

Supplies:

3 comments:

Shannon J said...

I'm totally in love with the builder sets too. I NEED to try this with my Reflections set! Gorgeous card (as always!!).

Cris said...

Lovely card! Those flowers look amazing and the design is stunning!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and the light wood grain stamping.