Monday, May 18, 2015

Neat & Tangled cards


Hello!  I have 2 cards up on the Neat & Tangled blog today - be sure to check them out there! 
Today, I have two cards to share with you today. My first card uses the new Gardenia Blooms Journaling Card stamp set
To create this card, I stamped the journaling card and a sentiment on white card stock and then I colored the gardenias in with Copics very lightly using dots to create the depth and interest. 

Then, I fussy cut out the journaling card and mounted it on a card base with a patterned paper front. I love the simplicity and boldness of this card so much! 

Next up, I used the new For the Record stamp set.
 



When I saw this set, I knew I had to do something like this eventually and I'm so glad I finally went and executed just what I had envisioned! First I stamped the record player on watercolor card stock. Then I went in and got it wet and brought the watercolors to the paper in spectrum of rainbow colors. I had lots of fun flicking the watercolors around to create splatter too! 


Once it was dry I added a heat embossed sentiment and some gold sequins from Sunset Shimmer.

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing part of your day with me! I hope you have a great day!


2 comments:

Teresa Doyle said...

Nice card, I like the splash of water colour Heather. Good job.

Unknown said...

I used to have a record player like that when I was a kid! That's awesome!